Acceptable Usage Policy
Version 1.0 – 15 May 2019
Envizage needs to be able to make sure our customers use the Envizage API for good, not evil.
This policy describes prohibited uses of the Envizage API. Capitalized terms used but not otherwise defined here are defined in the Envizage Terms of Service.
By using the API, you agree to the latest version of this policy. If you violate this policy or authorize or help others to do so, we may suspend or terminate your use of the API.
The examples described in this policy are not exhaustive. We may modify this policy at any time by posting a revised version on the Envizage Site.
WE RESERVE FULL AND FINAL DISCRETION AS TO WHETHER CERTAIN USES VIOLATE THIS ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY. YOU AGREE THAT OUR DETERMINATION IS FINAL.
No Illegal, Harmful, or Offensive Use or Content
You may not power applications or products with Envizage API which encourage, promote, facilitate any illegal, harmful or offensive activities, or to transmit, store, display, distribute or otherwise make available content that is illegal, harmful, or offensive.
Prohibited activities or content include:
- Illegal Activities: Any illegal activities, including advertising, transmitting, or otherwise disseminating, promoting or facilitating child pornography.
- Harmful or Fraudulent Activities: Activities that may be harmful to others, our operations or reputation, including offering or disseminating fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions (e.g., make-money-fast schemes, Ponzi and pyramid schemes, phishing, or pharming), or engaging in other deceptive practices.
- Offensive Content: Content that is defamatory, obscene, abusive, invasive of privacy, or otherwise objectionable, including content that constitutes child pornography, relates to bestiality, or depicts non-consensual sex acts.
- Harmful Content: Content or other computer technology that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, program, or data, including viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or cancelbots.
No High Risk Activities
You agree not to use the API for High Risk Activities, as defined in the Envizage Terms of Service.
No Security Violations
You may not use the API to violate the security or integrity of any registered client or any communications system within the Envizage infrastructure.
Prohibited activities include:
- Unauthorized Access: Accessing or using any System without permission, including attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a System or to breach any security or authentication measures used by a System.
- Falsification of Origin: Forging TCP/IP packet headers, e-mail headers, or any part of a message describing its origin or route.
- Hacking: Interfering with the security-related features of the API
No Network Abuse
You may not make sustained high volume calls to the API unless you have been given permission to.
Prohibited activities include:
- Denial of Service (DoS): Inundating a target with communications requests so the target either cannot respond to legitimate traffic or responds so slowly that it becomes ineffective.
- Intentional Interference: Interfering with the proper functioning of any System, including any deliberate attempt to overload a system.
- Avoiding System Restrictions: Using manual or electronic means to avoid any use limitations placed on an Account, such as creating multiple accounts.
- App Impersonation: Creating clone applications on different domains to avoid higher tier pricing.
- Malware: Uploading or otherwise any disseminating viruses, adware, spyware, worms, or other malicious code embedded in request payloads.
Usage and Quotas
You agree not to exceed the limits set for your currently active Plan.
These are soft limits: If you inadvertently exceed these limits, you will be notified. If you exceed these limits, your account will be temporarily suspended until:
- The account is upgraded to a plan that covers the excess.
- The new billing period starts and the usage is reset.
You agree not to take any action (directly or indirectly) that imposes or may impose (as determined by Envizage in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Envizage’s or its third party providers’ infrastructure.
You agree not to:
- Access the API to bring an intellectual property infringement claim against Envizage or any of Envizage’s affiliates, customers, vendors, business partners, or licensors;
- Develop or create a competing product or service;
- Copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, decompile, translate, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to extract the source code of the API or any component thereof;
- Sub-license, resell, or distribute the API or any component thereof separate from any integrated application;
- Violate, or encourage others to violate, any right of a third party, including by infringing or misappropriating any third party intellectual property right;
- Perform any fraudulent activity, including impersonating any person or entity or claiming a false affiliation; misrepresenting the source, identity or content of information transmitted via the API; accessing any other Service account without permission, or falsifying your age or date of birth.
Our Monitoring and Enforcement
We reserve the right, but do not assume the obligation, to investigate any violation of this policy or misuse of the API or Envizage Site. We may:
- Investigate violations of this policy or misuse of the API or Envizage Site;
- Disable access to the API in case of you engage in activities that violates this Policy or any other agreement we have with you for use of the API or the Envizage Site; and
- Report any activity that we suspect violates any law or regulation to appropriate law enforcement officials, regulators, or other appropriate third parties. Our reporting may include disclosing appropriate customer information. We also may cooperate with appropriate law enforcement agencies, regulators, or other appropriate third parties to help with the investigation and prosecution of illegal conduct by providing any information related to alleged violations of this policy.
Reporting of Violations of this Policy
If you become aware of any violation of this policy, you will immediately notify us and provide us with assistance, as requested, to stop or remedy the violation.
To report any violation of this policy, please email us at email@example.com.